Sunday, August 14, 2011

Quick year-in-review

Well, first things first. This is how I can best sum up my second year as a teacher:
During my second year of teaching, my True Love gave to me
12 Slothful Seniors,
11 Great Co-workers,
10 Misplaced Novels,
9 Kids in Youth Group,
8 Last Day Essays,
7 Plagiarized Papers,
6 Good Girlfriends,
5 Nights with Frozen Plumbing!
4 Bad Blizzards,
3 Grouchy Grandmas,
2 Car Crashes,
And the Strength and Joy I needed for Life!

So, now you know why I haven’t blogged much! The seven or so credits that I was required to take didn’t fit anywhere there, or the five out of five seventh graders with Individualized Education Plans, but just this list tells you a lot. I also hit the 270,000 mark with my battered old Monte Carlo. It really has been a good year, but one of the toughest years of my life. I have no idea what I’m in for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment